Time Management Strategies

 Upon reading some of the articles about time management in preparation for this blog post, there are a number of things I learned that I wish to implement currently and for the foreseeable future. For example, from Tim Grahl's "The Myth of Too Busy" I was intrigued by the concept of being "busy" as an avoidable excuse and it implies one's inability to manage their time well. Granted that there will be situations where one has actual plans, but the point of the article is to say that in a world where everyone is essentially "busy" there are steps to allow oneself to make plans for the other aspects of life. One of which is learning how to prioritize your time well, and taking precautionary steps such as having a healthy sleep schedule and working ahead allows for the ability to fit in more time for extracurricular activities, or activities that one actually enjoys doing. Another aspect of time management that is worth considering comes from Amanda Collins' article "How to Build a Realistic Study Plan You'll Actually Stick to", where she states that one must learn to completely focus whenever the time is allotted for a certain activity. For example, I often get distracted whenever I allot my time studying and half of the time I'll be on my phone or laying in my bed, not fully taking advantage of the allotment of time.



(An Hourglass on Gravel. Source: Unsplash)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Hot Cheetos Loving, Procrastinator

Week 2 Story