Storybook Plan

 For the storybook project, I plan on writing in continuation of the myth of dragons in various Asian cultures, such as Japan, Chinese, and Korea. I have found that, although, from differing cultures, these creatures of ancient stories have more similarities than they do differences. One of the idea I have is to create all the stories of various dragons, but they are all related to one another. For example, for one story, I might depict a dragon who's main domain is in China while in another, I will have one in Japan, and they are all blood related and connected. Therefore, there might be the possibility of a story of one dragon that is the greatest ancestor of them all.

Some sources I'd like to include would be from the Joly and Project Gutenburg. Some stories I would want to include are:  The Dragon's Pearl,  The Dragon in Japanese Art, and Korean Water and Mountain Spirits.  Something that I am hoping to learn throughout this semester-long project is the underlying connectedness between these stories of countries that are so close together in proximity as well as some of the legends that were born from these stories. Myths were and are created to explain certain phenomenons while teaching some sort of lesson in the meantime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Hot Cheetos Loving, Procrastinator

Week 2 Story