Week 15 StoryLab: Learning About Microfiction


For this week's story assignment, I read and learned more about microfiction through various examples that were provided in the guide. I've definitely read microfiction in the past and have always enjoyed how a story can paint so much in a couple of sentences! The best part, I think, was how the main point of these short stories is to allow the readers themselves to fill in the blanks left so strategically by the authors. The story could take so many twists and turns, all depending on how the reader learns to decipher the story and continue on with it in their heads. Of the stories that I've read in the section, the ones that were most interesting were the horror ones in Reddit. I've always been intrigued by the horror genre, and of course, there were many here that gave me absolute goosebumps. One of the techniques that I've learned, especially under word limits, is to extend the length of the sentences themselves ... even if it's not grammatically correct. And also to leave it without a conclusion so that the readers can have their imaginations run free! If you end with a conclusion, even if it's without the details, there leaves a conclusion, which isn't always as satisfying. I think I should've read more about this blog before going on and writing these microfictions on my own.


(Opening a Story Book. Source: Unsplash)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Hot Cheetos Loving, Procrastinator

Week 2 Story