Topic Brainstorm

 1. Cryptids

    One of the things that I look forward most in this class is reading more about cryptids. I've always been so fascinated by these mythical animals, such as the chupacabra, Bigfoot, the Mothman, etc. I've always doubted their existence, but it's the mystery that's associated with modern-day folklore that makes them so interesting to read about. I could make a storybook about a certain region, with stories about some of the most prominent and historically-significant mythical monsters in that region, which can be extended to 3-4 stories. Being that there are a number of these stories all over the internet, I believe that the best source would be Wikipedia, as I should start by venturing there. I'm still unsure if I would write stories about the most common, such as Bigfoot, or I should write about those that are more on the uncommon side. However, I would love to expand my knowledge to different areas of the world, especially mythological creatures of South America and Southeastern Asia.

2. Ghost Stories

    This is another topic that I think is most interesting. I'm not really familiar with horror writing, however, I am an avid fan of horror movies. I would love to write more about these general subjects about paranormal activity, as well as specific ones in different regions of the world. I know that there are famous ones portrayed in the media, and especially in North America. However, I would love to get to know more about famous paranormal activity in different regions of the world. In terms of storybook, I can see a compilation of stories from different sections of the world. Something that I think can be an interesting thing is the addition of both ghost stories and  cryptids, which can be an interesting crossover as alot of them people are already in fear of. There is a book about Asian Ghost Stories, which I think could be a great source.

3. Dragons

    I've always been interested in dragons. Even when I was a kid, I'd always thought that dragons were the coolest things, and I would have drawings and books of them all around my room. The only known instances I've had about stories of dragons was that of the oriental style ones, I don't think I have further knowledge about European dragons. In terms of storybook, I think it can be such a good idea to combine the concepts of multiple dragons from around the world and pit them in one story. Maybe a story about an adventurer that travels to observe and fight dragons? I think Dragons and Dragon Lore would be a great place to start studying.

4. Giants

    I think Giants would be an interesting topic to cover. Of course, if I were to use this topic, I would think that it would be the best to include multiple tales of giants from different areas and put them together in one. It would be interesting to see a fight between giants of different folklores of different places, and to determine which region was the most powerful. 



(A Ghost Caught on Camera. Source: Unsplash)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Hot Cheetos Loving, Procrastinator

Week 2 Story